Marlborough Camera Bag
• Size – 15.7” x 11” x 5” (40cm x 28cm x 12.7cm)
• Weight – 5lbs (2.25kg)
• Main body Colour – Moss
• Main body material– 18oz Superdry waterproof canvas. Made in Scotland.
• Flap material – 180z Superdry waterproof canvas. Made in Scotland.
• Fittings – Nickel. Custom, branded feet and trigger hooks.
• Durable vegetable tanned leather straps and trim.
• Methods used to open and close bag – turn lock for ease of use with one hand, front double leather straps and buckle for security. Turn lock is not load-bearing. Front straps should always be done up before picking the bag up by the handle.
• Removable insert – padded, can fit 15” MacBook. Can be removed so bag can be used as a weekend bag, carry-on bag, etc. Bottom feet are removable and can be replaced when worn.
• Handle is securely riveted to steel bar, running through top of flap. Rivets are used at every stress point, including: front straps, shoulder strap, turn lock and handle.
• What can the bag fit? 15″ MacBook Pro, one pro-DSLR body with lens attached, one 70-200 f2.8 lens, flash unit (or two lenses stacked with divider) and various accessories in front and rear pockets.
• Bag is waterproof and dust proof.
• Warranty – Lifetime against defects.
About the Marlborough camera messenger bag
This camera bag was created because of our intense love affair with durable canvas bags. Those old bags that you see in movies. They appear to never fail despite looking like they were used in both World Wars and then taken on a safari afterwards. The first time we saw one of those trusty canvas bags was in a glossy advert. Inside the bag was a small car engine. It was holding this engine, suspended, using nothing but its straps. Imagine that, a canvas bag supporting the weight of a car engine. We needed to make a camera bag like that.
The Marlborough camera messenger bag is our version of that bag. It is the bag we would want if we could only have one camera bag. It will stand up to just about anything the user throws at it. The Superdry canvas and thick vegetable tanned leather is an incredible combination of longevity and weight.
And unlike other leading camera bags that are made of canvas, the Marlborough camera bag does not use any wax to keep it waterproof. It truly is an incredible, low-maintenance material that only gets better with age.
Click here to find out more about how our bags are made.
stephen birling –
So pleased with my new camera bag!!!! It is everything I thought it would be and more.
I look forward to using it for a very long time. Thank you!
Rebecca Pearson –
I was looking for a bag that wasn’t so masculine, but also not so girlie. Seems like every camera bag is either made for a man, and therefore dark, distressed leather, etc. or a woman, in which case, it’s always shaped like a purse. The Marlborough bag is a great gender neutral bag, in simple colors, with lovely details.
I use it mostly for wedding photography, but also I use it most days to bring my laptop to my local cafe and work. It fits my laptop perfectly. I won’t go into too much detail, as there is lots of info already out there on this bag, but I’ll touch on my favorite things about it.
It is waterproof. Like totally. It rains a lot where I live and I have never had an issue. It is fairly lightweight for how big it is and how much it can hold. I find I bring less equipment with this bag anyway. So that’s good. I love that the feet and strap are removable. I had an ONA before and it was nice, but sometimes I don’t like to use the shoulder strap and you’re forced to always have it on. Plus with the ONA the handle is in an odd place and the bag tilts towards you when you hold it by the handle. You basically walk with the bag rubbing against your leg, which can be annoying.
This bag also feels like it would be bombproof. I’ve never had a bag this well built, camera bag, or otherwise. It’s like Saddleback made a canvas camera bag. It’s that good.
Charles Mooney –
Incredible bag, very well designed, not too heavy for being so robust and carries all my kit, easily. A real testament to fine British craftsmanship! Cannot fault it.
Far better than my other camera bags. Not even in the same league.
Neil Dunbar (verified owner) –
Needed a new bag for my laptop because my existing bag was too small for a 15″ Surface Book 2. This bag is a perfect fit for this laptop, especially as you can move around the internal dividers. I can also easily fit a water bottle, notepad, charger, sandwich and a lightweight waterproof. It makes a great mobile office.
In terms of looks and build – I love the subtle but rugged looks (as do several people who have commented on it). I think it will only get better looking as it ages. The only thing I would change with the looks is to have brushed steel metal work instead of the nickel plated – I prefer a dull metal look.
In terms of the build quality – I paid good money for a quality well made product and that is what I have recieved. I have had other ‘premium’ bags which have arrived with faults – with my Marlborough there was not a thread out of place.
The only thing that doesn’t work perfectly for me is the shoulder pad – it isn’t pre-curved and as a result has creased as it has moulded to the curve of my shoulder. Admittedly a warm summer has meant shirt sleeves and once the colder weather appears, the padding of jackets might help it make a better curve.
When I was looking for a new bag, I was looking for something that would match the 10 years my old bag has lasted. With the Hawkesmill, I believe I have a bag that a craftsman has made to last twice that length of time.