I continue to recommend Hawkesmill as a source for the absolute finest handmade bags and leather camera straps that will last you a lifetime. – FStoppers
Monmouth Street Camera Bag
• Size – 15.7” x 11” x 5” (40cm x 28cm x 12.7cm)
• Weight – 5lbs (2.2kg)
• Main body Colour – navy.
• Main body material– triple layer waterproof canvas. Made in Scotland.
• Flap material – triple layer waterproof canvas with an outer layer of Harris Tweed. Made in Scotland.
• Fittings – Nickel. Custom, branded feet and trigger hooks.
• Belgian leather straps and trim.
• Pockets – 2 large, expandable front pockets, 1 large rear pocket with flap to keep water off of zip.
• 3 large internal dividers, 2 small lens dividers, 1 laptop divider.
• Backpack convertible. When the shoulder strap is looped through the d-rings on the rear of the bag, the bag can be used as a backpack. Ensuring comfortable, hands-free use, all day long.
• Removable insert – padded, can fit 15” MacBook. Can be removed so bag can be used as a weekend bag, carry-on bag, etc. Bottom feet are removable and can be replaced when worn.
• Handle is securely riveted to metal bar, running through top of flap. Rivets are used at every stress point, including: front straps, shoulder strap and handle.
• What can the bag fit? 15″ MacBook Pro, one pro-DSLR body with lens attached, one 70-200 f2.8 lens, flash unit (or two prime lenses stacked with divider) and various accessories in front and rear pockets.
• Bag is waterproof and dust proof.
• Warranty – Lifetime against defects.
About the Monmouth Street camera messenger bag
The Monmouth Street camera bag was designed around one of the most classic colour combinations all of time: navy and brown. It is also one of our favourite streets in London for a multitude of reasons.
We use the finest triple-layered waterproof canvas, paired with beautiful Belgian leather to create a camera bag that is as durable as it is beautiful.
Click here to find out more about how our bags are made.
David Wilson (verified owner) –
There are so many camera bags out there now. Seems like every bag company now has their own camera bag. And I’ve been dumb enough to buy many of them. As well as owning the usual ones we all buy, from top quality nylon bags to the very best British made bags (not naming any names but it starts with a B and ends with ham) and everything in between. This bags beats them all! And not just by a small margin. This is the finest quality camera bag I have ever used. It really is a work of art. And the functionality is incredible.
Let’s face it, there just aren’t any premium camera bags out there that also have function in mind. They’re either beautiful, and high quality, or they aren’t and function well. The Monmouth blends both of these so very well. It holds and protects all of my precious gear, while looking amazing.
The rear sleeve is a revelation. I never worry about my important documents while traveling. The backpack functionality works really well. Although it isn’t as comfortable or easy as a backpack. However, I can’t use a backpack as a messenger bag. So this is the best of both worlds. I have removed the internal sleeve and turned this into a weekend bag, which functioned perfectly. In nearly a year of ownership I have barely broken the bag in. It is that durable. I’ve never seen anything like it in a bag. It just gets better with age!
Hawkesmill has created a monster with this bag. It is 5 bags rolled into 1. I use it for everything! I simply can’t fault it. Thank you!
Sam Townsend (verified owner) –
One of the best camera bags I have ever used! Before this bag, I used to use one of Hawkesmill’s removable inserts, in my Saddleback. I loved that the Saddleback could be a backpack as well as a messenger/briefcase. However, it got heavy after a while and I wanted something a little lighter. And this fit the bill.
It has the same high quality that the Saddleback has, but weighs a few pounds less. It is also made for photographers, unlike the Saddleback, and so works much better. I have found the backpack conversion to be great. It takes a little getting used to, but once you do it a few times it’s wonderful! I tend to convert it at home and then take it out for the day. That way I’m not trying to convert it mid-shoot, or messing around with it that way.
All in all, a truly wonderful camera bag, made by a company that backs all of its products up with great customer service and a crazy warranty.
Amy (verified owner) –
Being a woman I was concerned that this bag would be too large and heavy for me. But I really needed a camera messenger bag that would fit all of my kit, including a 70-200 f2.8 lens, not many do that. I also wanted it to fit my laptop, so I could travel with it. Looking online, this was about the best camera bag I could find for my needs. And the weight is not much more than my other bags, but you get a heck of a lot more bag for those extra ounces! I use this bag for everything, weddings, corporate shoots, traveling, going to my local coffee shop, etc. It never leaves my side!
Dr Moore –
Simply the finest camera bags on planet earth.